I made these home fries for my sister-in-law over the weekend and she asked me to type the recipe up for her — so I figured it’d be a good idea to share it with the rest of you. Super simple and flavorful. Cook them up and let me know what you think.
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 sprig/pinch of thyme
- black pepper
- Peel the sweet potato and dice it into 1/2” pieces.
- Smash the garlic cloves with your knife and remove the skin
- Heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium high heat until it shimmers.
- Add the diced sweet potato and smashed garlic to the pan, stirring to coat in oil.
- Add salt and continue stirring every few minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes start getting crispy on most sides, add the thyme and cook for an additional minute.
- Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel and add additional salt/pepper to taste.